COVID-19 Safety Precautions
*** UPDATE: January 2021 - Many Guardian Care Residents and Employees have already received COVID-19 vaccinations with more coming.
When visiting Guardian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, you will see that the same safety measures we put into place months ago have become a part of our new normal. We work closely with the Centers for Disease Control, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, and Florida Department of Health to help ensure our Residents, Staff Members, and Visitors are safe from COVID-19.
These extra precautions are part of our everyday operations and we ask for your patience and cooperation as we try to keep everyone safe:
COVID-19 Screenings Upon Arrival:
- Every staff member, medical consultant, and visitor is screened prior to being allowed to enter the facility to determine if they are exhibiting signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or if their recent activities or travel may have placed them at a high risk for exposure.
- As fever is one of the most common symptoms associated with COVID-19, taking everyone’s temperature is an important part of the screening process.
- Staff members are frequently tested for COVID-19, based upon Federal and State requirements, but are screened at the beginning of every shift.
- Visitors who wish to visit a Resident must submit to an Antigen Test, which takes about 15 minutes.
- Every visitor must wear a face mask which covers their nose and mouth, throughout their visit. We have plenty on hand for those who don’t have one upon arrival.
- We have redesigned seating areas to helps ensure everyone walks, sits, or stands at least 6 feet apart.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for All Team Members
Our facility is well stocked with PPE for our team members. All Guardian Care team members receive fresh, new personal protective equipment each day, and they can receive fresh masks, gloves and other equipment as often as necessary.
We Are Continuously Disinfecting Resident Rooms, Bathrooms and all High-Touch Surfaces.